Friday, November 26, 2010

Baby Love



My sweet boy has just learned to blow raspberries on people. He now loves to capture your arm or belly, and blow away! It delights him to no end.

This morning, as I lay on the floor playing with him, he whipped up my shirt and blew hard. A loud brrrrrrp sound happened, and he was having the time of his life. He proceeded to do it over and over and over again. Laughing delightedly the whole time. Dimples in full view.

A thought occured to me.

He doesn't care if my belly isn't exactly tight.

It isn't.

He doesn't care if those few little stretch marks from carrying my big boy are showing.

They were.

He doesn't care if my hair was a mess.

It was.

Or if I had a shower or not yet that morning.

I hadn't.

All he cared about was him and his mommy. In that moment. Laughing our heads off at his baby antics.

Children are such a sweet blessing. Gifts. Only a gift would make you so happy. And it was in that moment, and others just like it, when I realize why we have given my womb over to God. He knows best anyway. And why wouldn't I accept many more sweet gifts just like this one? Who would turn away a gift?

I sure won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment