Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Blah's?

I am beginning to see a case of the Christmas Blah's come into being around here. Christmas should be a time of joy and excitement. But, when you're missing someone special at Christmas, it can make for a less-joyous holiday.

This past February, my PawPaw went to be with Jesus. And in 2008, my Nana also went to be with Jesus. This Christmas is our family's first without either one of them.

Last night while we drove around town listening to Alabama's Christmas album and looking at lights, I was suddenly hit with a sadness I didn't know would happen. They would not be here this Christmas. This was a tradition we had all shared, and suddenly two of the main people would be gone. It was a tough thought.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The Bible promises that God is close to all who are brokenhearted. If you happen to be missing someone special this Christmas, may you also take comfort in this verse as my family  has.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to miss loved ones at the holidays, especially Christmas. I hope yours was wonderful! We do have to live in the moment though because that is all God promises. I am sure when we look to see the blessings around us adn the family still with us we can all be encouraged and cheered:-)

    ReplyDelete