Monday, December 13, 2010

Samantha - An American Girl Holiday Movie Review

This movie was so cute! I was able to snag it off of the Swap A Dvd website. As a side note, if you have not joined Swap A DVD yet, it's definately something to consider! We were able to clean out all of the DVD's we were no longer interested in having, and getting a bunch of new ones for only the cost of shipping! Very good deals.

Now, back to the movie. American Girl was coming out around the time that I was no longer interested in that "little girl" stuff anymore. :) I think it's so funny that now that I'm a "big girl", I think all that stuff is cute again. But because of this, I never really jumped on the American Girl bandwagon. I did, however, occasionally read an American Girl book. And Samantha Parkington was by far my favorite American Girl!

This movie is very family friendly. The only thing you might hesitate about was a very few references to Santa Claus at the end of the movie. Since we don't "do" Santa at our house, this will of course be thoroughly explained to our children that this is just fiction. But there was honestly nothing else that would make this unsuitable for children.

This will be one of the DVD's we pull out every Christmas from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment