Saturday, December 11, 2010

Facebook Fast Followup

I wrote over a week ago now about how I felt led by the Lord to take a week long fast from Facebook. It has been a week, and I have not logged in once!

In this week, I have noticed that not logging on has increased my time with my son greatly. It also has removed some influences from my life and my home that could have been negative. What I mean by that is this; when you look at other people's lives via their pictures, profiles, etc. you have a sense of "Why don't I have that?"

Maybe you have a friend who is not living as they should with the Lord ( I have one like this ). You will look at their pictures, and stirrings can start in your heart.

You could go out and do that.

Look at all the nice stuff she has because she works and you don't.

Wow. Wouldn't it be nice if you had a bigger income so you could go out to dinner all the time as well?

By saying this, I am becoming very transparent before you. These thoughts are not to diminish my husband in the least. He is an excellent provider and husband. What I am saying is if we don't keep our hearts in check, the devil can enter in quickly and sow seeds of discontentment. Once those seeds are sown, it's very hard to rip them out.

This morning I logged in since it has been a week, and my fast was over. I looked, checked my messages, and quickly logged out. I felt just those few minutes on there were a big time waster. I then prayed and asked the Lord to show me if keeping this was something I should do. I felt such a burden in my heart. Then a thought crossed my mind.

Chelsea, I thought you would use the extra time you had to come and sit and visit with me. Why didn't you do that?



What excuse could I give the Lord for not doing that? Nothing!

I then thought of giving the Lord another week of fasting from this, and focusing all the extra time on Him.

A peace flooded my soul.

So, I'm on another week of fasting. Only this time, the extra time will be focused on my walk with the Lord.

I do hope these posts are helping in some way. I pray we all focus more on our walk with the Lord, and less time on ourselves and our fleshly desires.

Deuteronomy 5:33a: Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you

No comments:

Post a Comment