Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No More Babies?


Thank the Lord for baby naps! :) I've been wanting to crank out this article for quite awhile now, but haven't had a spare minute it seems here lately to be alone to do it. My sweet baby has decided it's a good nap time, so I've decided it's a good post time.

As anyone knows who has read my blog before, I think the Duggars a such a sweet and Godly family. For a family who I'm sure gets tons of e-mails each and everyday, they still will reply to your e-mails when they have the time. I have had a chance to speak to them before via this format, and they are just as sweet as they are on TV.

Last year around this time, Michelle was giving birth to Josie via emergency c-section due to her development of pre-eclampsia. The world sat back and watched in sadness. Some, however, watched with a smug "I told you so" attitude. I mean, a woman who is delivering her 19th child deserves pre-eclampsia right? She should have known better and quit while she was ahead! (Those are not my views at all, but ones I have unfortunately read on other blogs and message boards.)

What would you say, however, to a young 22 year old mother delivering her first child via forced induction due to her development of pre-eclampsia? Would you say she should just hang it up and let that precious baby be her one and only? Probably not. You would probably say Well, these things happen. It shouldn't happen with the next one.

Why is it that if it's your first, the onset of such a thing as pre-eclampsia "isn't your fault." But if it's your 19th child, "You should have known better!" ?

That 22 year old woman was me. And yes,  I did develop pre-eclampsia at 40 weeks gestation. My  little boy wasn't quite ready to exit at that time, so an induction was done. Trust me, I am not a believer in induction or c-sections at all, unless medically necessary. Mine unfortunately was. A c-section would have been done as well, if I was not so strongly against it. Hours on magnesium and other medications sure took their toll, but I pressed on. 17 hours of labor, and my little boy made his appearance. Praise the Lord!

And ya know what, as soon as the Lord chooses to bless me with another, I will welcome him or her with open arms. And I'm sure if the Lord chooses to bless Mr. and Mrs. Duggar with another one, they will do the same.

Psalm 127:3- Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment